6 Rock Harbour spiny lobster tails
1/3 bunch cilantro
1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
Half of 1 lime juice
2 tablespoon diced chipotle pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Sea salt to taste
1. Gather a small tray, kitchen shears and a small knife. Open the tails and place onto the tray.
2. Shell side up, cut down the middle of the back towards the lobster tail. Stop when you reach the end of the tail. Make sure to leave a small part attached at the end of the tail. Make one cut to the left and one cut to the right. Hold the tail tight, apply force and crack the bottom of the tail. This will allow you to easily pull the lobster meat out.
3. With your small knife make three incisions. One down the middle of the tail, one on the left and one on the right of the tail. Be careful not to go all the way down. Halfway is perfect.
4. Keep your tails on the small tray.
5. For the butter, finely chop the cilantro.
6. Grab a small bowl and add the butter. Using a spoon push down multiple times to soften the butter and add cilantro.
7. Add the juice of half a lime, chipotle, smoked paprika and a pinch of sea salt.
8. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the butter on top of the tail. You will have a little bit leftover for brushing the tails while on the grill.
9. Preheat your grill on high heat. Give it an oil spray and place tails on the hot grill while fanning out the tail. The fanning of the tail will give you a nice presentation.
10. Turn down the heat to a medium low and cook for 10mins. Do not move the tails, allow them to cook with the lid closed.
11. Warm up your remaining butter on the grill and brush a little more to evenly coat the tail, season with salt and some freshly squeezed lime juice.
Check out our latest recipe reel here